Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 7

Breakfast (494 cals)
Maple and brown sugar oatmeal w/ 1/3 cup blueberries on top
Blueberry Power Muffin

Snack (220 cals)
Almond Nut Thins
Mozzarella String Cheese

Lunch (132 cals)
Fruit salad: Chopped apple, blueberries, raspberries
Bread and butter

Dinner (340 cals)
Carrots
Broccoli
Spinach and artichoke hummus

Dessert (38 cals)
Dove chocolate heart

Total Calories: 1,224 calories

Comments: Last night I calculated how much a Chipotle Burrito Bol or Burrito would be the way I like it - vegetarian with black beans, green tomatillo salsa, rice, guacamole, and cheese - and it would be 515 as the Bol and 805 as the burrito. But if the staff would cut it in half, it'd be a 402 calorie dinner and a 402 calorie lunch the next day. Interesting. Definitely something I'm going to "splurge" on in the near future! I made my breakfast kind of hefty - I only have one more power muffin from my mom, which I'll eat tomorrow, but after that I'll go back to just having oatmeal for breakfast, so 200 calories will be cut out of breakfast again. (Or at least 140 - might have an apple with oatmeal starting Tuesday.)

2 comments:

  1. That's a really great idea...those burritos are so big anyway. Plus, Chipotle uses really good ingredients. :)

    Do you like the Spinach and Artichoke Hummus? I'm always intrigued when I see it, but haven't tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they? Well that's good to know!

    YES!!! I may like it better than Red Pepper or Original. Try it sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete