Sunday, May 1, 2011

My run today!

I decided I'd make a post like this for all of my runs regardless if they're outside. Today the wind was gusting between 20 and 30mph, and while the temperature was lovely and the sun was out, I just didn't feel like fighting the wind. So I went to Bally Total Fitness and ran on the treadmill.

Distance: 3.37 miles
Time: 44:03
Walking speed: 3.8
Fastest running speed: 5.4

5K time (treadmill): 40:22
Previous 5K time (treadmill): 41:36

What I ran to (in this order):
Lady Gaga - Born This Way
Rodney Atkins - It's America
Keith Urban - Some Days You Gotta Dance
Elvis Presley - Promised Land
NSYNC - Just Got Paid
Josh Turner - Firecracker
No Doubt - Hey Baby
Bloc Party - Price of Gas (x2)
Justin Timberlake - SexyBack
Black Eyed Peas - Don't Stop The Party

Songs I Skipped:
Eagles - Rockin' Down The Highway
Ke$ha - Blow
Black Eyed Peas - The Time (Only bc it's been on my running playlist since day 1 and some times it gets a little old)
Rush - BU2B
AC/DC - T.N.T
NSYNC - Pop (Only because an Nsync song had come on 2 songs before it)
Fall Out Boy - I Don't Care

So there are quite a few songs on my playlist that aren't great running songs, I've found out. I need to find more songs to add to take their place. It needs to be a big playlist so I don't get bored! I rarely went the 3.8 walking speed - 3 minutes total, I think - and I mainly ran 4.6 and 4.8 with spurts of 5.0 and 5.4.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're making great progress! :D I thought I had the perfect playlist, but still ended up skipping quite a few songs during the race today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta make sure for my first 5K that I don't have any songs that I'd skip. I also need an iPod sleeve so it's not bouncing around in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete