Monday, April 4, 2011

Week 3

Day 16: 1,241 calories

I hate being on campus all day where you can't bring refrigerated goods. I need to buy some nuts and other high protein/high fiber foods at the store this weekend or I'll never survive Mondays and Tuesdays. It's also not fun drinking 8-9 glasses of water on school days - I'm in the bathroom constantly! lol. I'm proud of myself yesterday for resisting all of the temptations the union food court has to offer. It didn't cross my mind, though - I must stay within my calories, and I must eat healthy. I had some grape tomatoes out of the salad bar though and they were disgusting. I have to stick with bringing my own fruits - I should buy portable fruits like apples and bananas strictly to take to school to avoid the salad bar. Today was a lot easier, though, to get through the day without being starving. Tomorrow I'm only on campus from 9 until 3... better, and then I have a date at the YMCA. :)


Day 17: 1,265 calories

Went to the gym this evening with my daddy! I wondered what my energy level would be like on the treadmill once I got on there (considering I had always gone to the gym right after breakfast during spring break), but I ended up running for 25 straight minutes! I ran the two miles two minutes and ten seconds faster than I did on Sunday. I know it won't be long before I can run the entire 30 minutes. Unfortunately the treadmills turn off after thirty minutes. Most of them do. So idk how I can successfully train for that 5k! I'm focusing on just becoming a better runner at this point. My dad was impressed with the pace I was running. That made me feel good. My dad and my mom are going to join me at the Y on Friday morning! Yay!


Day 18: 1,312 calories

We may have overestimated the portions I ate at dinner by a little bit, so I'm probably right at 1,300 calories. Kind of bummed I went over 1,300, but I'm not going to fret about it. My range goes up to 1,550, apparently. On the plus side, I went over my minimum protein amount by 10 grams! Decided having a protein bar every day, not just on gym days, plus trying to only buy snack foods with SOME amount of protein will be beneficial.


Day 19: 1,290 calories

I was two whole pounds less than I was on Sunday! Woohoo! I also managed to stray between 1200 and 1300 calories while getting the fruit & veggie servings AND staying in my healthy range of carbs, fat, and protein. Whew. That's hard work. I was also bummed I couldn't run 25 straight minutes like I could on Wednesday, but I tried not to let it bother me. I ran the entire 5K distance and then some just to see how long it would take me. On slow days like Friday and Sunday, I'm going to run the 5K distance to try to improve my time. On Wednesdays when it's busier, I'm going to work on improving how far I can run in the 30 minutes that the majority of the treadmills are set to. Feeling good today ... feeling really good. Since I've lost 5.4 pounds now, I can go buy myself a Wii game. I have to do my research and figure out which one I want, and I need to make sure my Wii remotes work. I had a syncing issue with them when my mom and I tried to play the Michael Jackson game she bought me.


Day 20: 1,232 calories

I don't think I'll be able to get my protein in my healthy range every day, but I decided on weekends I should probably try. It's also nice on Saturdays, my weekend day where I don't go to the gym, to sleep in a little bit. That way I get a later start on my meals. I had a paper to write today and a lot of stuff to read. I used to go to UWM's library because I'm more productive outside of my apartment. But I'll sacrifice productivity to be able to eat my mom's leftovers for lunch and stuff. Oh, and also... I LOVE pumpkin seeds! My grocery store only sells them in small bags - 4-8 servings worth, I think. But it'll be on my grocery list almost every time. They're filling and TASTY. Plus they have 9g of protein. Great to take with me to school on Monday and Tuesdays.


Day 21: 1,272 calories

Love when I can go out to eat and stay under 1,300 calories for the day. I love seafood! I always have, but now I love it even more because of how healthy it is; how low in calories it is as well as how much protein fish have. Lunch and dinner only equaled 18g of protein but dinner was a whopping 47!! My complaint with my running today was the blisters I got from my shoes. I think I need actual running shoes. Otherwise, loved that I could run for 27 minutes straight today - I accomplished my goal of running 2 miles without walking. :) Next up: being able to run 3 without walking!


Day 22: 1,240 calories

I have definitely figured out what I need to bring on long on-campus days. I'm not saying I particularly enjoy being gone all day with no access to store fresh food or leftovers in a fridge, but it's only going to be this way for one more semester. I can deal. The granola cereal I bought at the store the other day and just tried for the first time yesterday is not only delicious, but filling. I love all of these new cereals I have bought plus oatmeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment