Saturday, April 9, 2011

SparkPeople Exercise Challenge

I try to participate in SparkPeople challenges whenever I can. I recently joined the 10 Day Challenges SparkTeam. The one starting tomorrow is certainly interesting, and will help me get the 1,000 fitness minutes goal I set for myself in another SparkTeam. I feel this discipline helps me.

You need a deck of cards to participate. You draw 5 cards and those determine your workout for the day.

Diamond = Pushups
Club = Crunches
Spades = Jumping Jacks
Face Card or Ace = 10 minutes of cardio

Whichever card you draw, it is that # + the exercise + 3 reps. So if you draw a 5 of clubs that would be three sets of 5 crunches.

I actually might continue this game after this challenge is over, but insert my own exercises or Yoga poses in place of the ones in this game. How fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment